Sembcorp Marine Transforms Into a Global Integrated Company
Singapore, 1 July 2015: Sembcorp Marine has reorganised its business as part of an ongoing ‘Transformation for Growth’ strategy.
From today, Sembcorp Marine is one brand focusing on four key capabilities, namely, Rigs & Floaters; Repairs & Upgrades; Offshore Platforms; and Specialised Shipbuilding.
Sembcorp Marine is pleased to announce the following senior appointments:
- Mr Wong Weng Sun as President and Chief Executive Officer
- Mr Ong Poh Kwee as Chief Operating Officer
- Mr Wang Zijian as Head of Singapore Yard Operations
- Mr Ho Nee Sin as Head of Offshore Platforms
- Ms Wong Lee Lin as Head of Repairs & Upgrades
- Mr William Gu as Head of Rigs & Floaters
- Mr Freddie Woo as Head of Specialised Shipbuilding
In addition, Sembcorp Marine’s shipyards in Singapore are now known as:
- Sembcorp Marine Admiralty Yard
- Sembcorp Marine Benoi Yard
- Sembcorp Marine Pandan Yard
- Sembcorp Marine Tanjong Kling Yard
- Sembcorp Marine Tuas Boulevard Yard
- Sembcorp Marine Tuas Crescent Yard
- Sembcorp Marine Tuas Road Yard
“An exciting era of growth awaits us,” said Sembcorp Marine Chairman Tan Sri Mohd Hassan Marican, who has been leading the company’s transformation efforts since 2013.
“As an integrated Sembcorp Marine, we can further optimise our capabilities and capacities, as well as increase our efficiency and productivity to better serve our partners and customers.”
Sembcorp Marine President & Chief Executive Officer Wong Weng Sun added: “Our transformation is an ongoing process that allows us to constantly adapt and excel in the dynamic business environment.
“With the ability to embrace change, Sembcorp Marine will continue to stay ahead of the curve and partner with our customers and vendors for long-term success,” Mr Wong said.
About Sembcorp Marine
Sembcorp Marine provides innovative engineering solutions to the global marine and offshore industry, drawing upon more than 50 years of track record. Our customers include major oil companies, drilling contractors, shipping companies as well as owners and operators of floating production units.
We operate shipyards strategically located in Singapore, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom and Brazil.
Discover more at www.sembmarine.com.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Corporate Communications
Tel No: +65 6262 8036
Head of Investor Relations
Tel No: +65 6262 7107
For the complete PDF version of this release, please click here.