Sembcorp Marine Tuas Boulevard Yard
Located at Tuas View Extension in the west of Singapore, the Sembcorp Marine Tuas Boulevard Yard is a state-of-the-art new yard facility designed to maximise operational synergy, production efficiency and critical mass with optimised docking and berthing facilities, an improved dock and quay ratio, a centralised work-efficient layout and integrated facilities. This will sharpen Sembcorp Marine’s competitive edge to achieve greater productivity and efficiency to deliver innovative, value-added and cost-efficient solutions to customers.
The Tuas Boulevard Yard is capable of serving a wide range of vessels and rigs, including VLCCs, new generations of mega containerships, LNG carriers and passenger ships.
The 73.3-hectare Phase I new yard facility forms the first phase of the 206-hectare Sembcorp Marine Tuas Boulevard Yard. Phase II of the new yard, which spans 34.5 hectares, includes a new steel fabrication facility that commenced operations in 4Q 2015. Phase II’s marine operations began in 1Q 2017.
The facilities at the new yard include:
- The natural deep waters at the yard enable the installation of thrusters for semi-submersibles without towing the rig to sea.
- A special reinforced load-out area for offshore platforms of up to 20,000 tonnes.
- Finger piers and basins ranging from 210m to 450m with maximum draft from 9m to 21m allows ultra deepwater semi-submersible rigs and cruise vessels to be berthed without restrictions.
|Land Area||73.3 Ha|
|Total Dry Dock Capacity||1,550,000 Dwt|
- YST D2, which has a width of 89m and is the widest drydock in Singapore. It is designed to accommodate jack-ups and semi-submersible rigs.
- YST D3, which has a length of 412m and is the longest and deepest ship repair drydock in the region. Capable of docking containerships of up to 18,000 TEU, it is equipped with an innovative “intermediate dock gate” system providing flexibility to configure the dock and allow smaller ships to dock in front while other works are carried out at the rear.
|YST D1||Drydock||350m x 66m x (-8.5m)||350,000 dwt|
|YST D2||Drydock||360m x 89m x (-8.5m)||500,000 dwt|
|YST D3||Drydock||412m x 66m x (-11.0m)||350,000 dwt|
|YST D4||Drydock||350m x 66m x (-8.5m)||350,000 dwt|
at zero tide
at zero tide
|YST 01||210m||12m||YST 07||318m||15m|
|YST 02||375m||9m||YST 08||318m||15m|
|YST 03||375m||9m||YST 09||318m||15m|
|YST 04||300m||9m||YST 10||318m||15m|
|YST 05||400m||9m||YST 11||318m||15m|
|YST 06||318m||15m||YST 12||350m||9m|
|FACILITIES||TOTAL AREA (SQM)|
- Phase II spans 34.5 hectares and consists of two 150,000 dwt drydocks and one offshore drydock dedicated to rig building and repairs. Close to 2 km of berthage is also available to meet customers’ needs. Phase II marine works commenced in 1Q 2017.
- Featuring a new state-of-the-art steel fabrication facility that offers a streamlined, seamless and extensively automated production process from stock piling to final assembly and finishing. The steel fabrication facility commenced operations in 4Q 2015.
|YST D5||Drydock||255m x 52m x (-8.0m)||150,000 dwt|
|YST D6||Drydock||255m x 52m x (-8.0m)||150,000 dwt|
|YST D7||Drydock||255m x 110m x (-12.0m)||Offshore drydocking|
at zero tide
Crane Capacity for both Phase I and II:
1 x 600 tonnes (Gantry)
1 x 300 tonnes
1 x 400 tonnes (Gantry)
2 x 30 tonnes (Overhead)
1 x 10 tonnes (Overhead)
1 x 3,600 tonnes